I have had so many adventures in the last few days that I feel I must pen them down. The basic approach tot my short time here has been to not know what I am doing and where I am going. This has been helped by the fact that outside of my apartment I have limited if no internet connection and therefore am travelling old school – by asking people. I have asked security guards, someone in the ATM queue, restaurant managers, pedestrians, shopping centre staff…who is there left to ask? Each interaction has led me to a new direction and a new adventure.
So my little adventure has been full of many firsts.
- staying in airbnb
- catching the train in KL (MTR)
- wandering the streets with no map and no internet
- exiting shopping malls with no idea where I am
- discovering a free bus service
- catching the bus service from unknown locations
- using uber
- cancelling uber
- negotiating taxi rides while only knowing the destination
- swimming in an infinity pool
- seeing flamingos
- chatting with an Iranian hairdresser
- using a digital room lock
- walking around streets not knowing where I am
I have ended this day by swimming in the roof top infintity pool.
I started the day by eating a Malay breakfast which was delivered to my door.
What will tomorrow bring?